Monday, 19 October 2015
GA- AUGUST 2015 :PM's Foreign Visits
- The Prime Minister visited Bhutan at the initiation of Shri Jigme Kosher Namgyel Wangchuck, The king of Bhutan.
- In July 2014 ,Shri Narendra Modi visited Brazil for his first multilateral visit, the 6th BRICS summit was held at the North-eastern beach city of Fortaleza. In the Fortaleza summit the group have agreed to establish a financial institution rivaling the western dominated world bank and IMF .
- SRI, MODI Visited Japan from 30 August to 03 September 2014.During the visit ,Prime Minister had an audience with the emperor of Japan and held an annual summit meeting with PM Shri Shinzo Abe.
- A vision statement for the U.S-India strategic partnership –‘Chalein saath saath :Forward Together We go” was arrived at.
- Visit to Myanmar –attend the 12th India –ASEAN Summit .he also spoke at the 9th East Asia Summit .The chairman made a statement at the end of 12th ASEAN India summit in pay Taw ,Myanmar.
- Visit to Australia-He addressed a joint session of Australian parliament and meet with his Australian counterpart Shri Tony Abbott.
- Visit to Fiji-He meet with the PM of Fiji Shri Voreque (Frank) Bainimarama.
- Visit to Nepal –He made a second visit to Nepal as the PM to attend the 18th SAARC summit .The Kathmandu Declaration was made at the end of the 18th SAARC summit.
- Visit to Seychelles –He visit to Seychelles was the first Prime Ministerial visit to Seychelles since 1981.
- Visit to Mauritius-The PM visited after Seychelles .He addressed the national Assembly of Mauritius .He also commissioned offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) Barracuda in Mauritius.